Here’s examples of how people endure suffering the wrong way vs the right way.
- Demand to know why
- Withdraw from God
- Withdraw from others
- Decide the limits to your own endurance
- Be impatient with God
- Seek your own remedies
- Give up to despair
- Delude yourself
- Indulge yourself
- Become angry
- Become depressed
- Be content to know who is in charge > ” And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose. For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his son.”(Romans 8:28,29)
- Acknowledge that he is with you> “Therefore by him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name. (Hebrews 13:15) “Therefore, Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God that he may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon him, for he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:6,7)
- Keep fellowship with believers > “And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembly of ourselves together, as is the manner of some but exhorting one another…”(Hebrews 10: 24,25)
- Know that God sets and know your limits> “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with temptation will also that you make the way of escape may be able to bear it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Wait for his perfect timing > ” But as for me, I trust in you O’ Lord; I say You are my God. My times are in your hand, Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.” ( Psalm 31:14,15)
- Trust in the Lord to guide> ” Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5,6)
- Wait upon the Lord> “Wait on the Lord and be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart.” ( Psalm 27:14)
- Seek the truth> “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)
- Keep Pure> “Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles that when they may be your good works which they observe glorify God in the day of visitation.” (1 Peter 2:11,12)
- Master the anger > “So, then my beloved brethren, Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.” ( James 1;19-20)
- Hope in the land > “Though he slay me, yet will I trust him, even so, I will defend my own ways before him.” ( Job 13:15)
I hope this helps someone who may be suffering. Totally trust God with your mind, heart and soul. Remember this — “Every thing that happened in your life God, himself signed off on it.” Although, you maybe suffering know that Jesus WILL never put more on you than you can bear. So have faith! “By faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6)
Prayer to God:
Dear Lord, Thank you for your all mighty hands. Thank you for creating us in your image and what you did on Calvary we will forever be grateful. We ask that you continue to show yourself strong in our lives. Help us to be more like you. We thank you for the freedom to have immediate access to you. For when we are in need, we can call on you anytime, anywhere. Thank you for being our Father, our Friend and forevermore our protector.
In Jesus Name ,
Is Sex a gift from God? The answer is yes. Sex was designed by God our creator as a special gift that allows a husband and wife to express oneness in intimate and exclusive love and to share in his plan for procreation (production of offspring). I know you may be wondering; “Ok. if sexuality is a gift from God how could it possibly be so wrong if you are not married?” that is a good question. In Genesis 2:18 God says; “it is not good that a man should be alone, I will make him a help meet for him.” Therefore, sexual drives are the most natural high human bodies can experience. The downfall is that those sexual drives can be destructive when they are uncontrolled or misused. I’ve learned that any intimate sexual relationship outside of monogamous fidelity within the covenant of marriage is condemned as sexual immorality. The fact that God says a man should not be alone he is simply telling us that he did not create sex for our own personal satisfaction. When a man and woman come together, a chemical reaction takes place in the human brain. Sex is regulated and purposeful. When God said “therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife and they shall become one flesh.” ( Genesis 2: 24-25) This means having unity between the two. Two souls intertwined to one soul, one bed, and one family to glorify God. Earlier I mentioned that sex was created for procreation because God says; ” Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth..(Genesis 1:28)” Sex was also created for comfort because by sharing yourself with your spouse it becomes a beautiful satisfaction that is deeper than ever. In Proverbs 5, it talks about God’s view of sex in marriage as being exciting, erotic, intoxication and a loving partnership. WOW, SEX IS DEEPER than you think…..
Yes, it may feel good and all that for a moment but its real topic that becomes misconstrued a lot.! When I think back at the times I had sexual intercourse I wish I can take every moment back. It only lead to distortion and emptiness in my life. To actually believe that I had romantic nights of passion would be an understatement. What really transpired was that I became ungodly soul tied to someone and emotional distress.
Can I get all the way real??? Although, the “world” ( social media, coworkers, friends, family members etc,) thinks SEX SALES and it can be exercised as a stress reliever or just because you’ve been dating someone for a long time its cool to have sex. No, No, No, No and NO. The world says its okay to have sex but according to Romans 12:2; ” Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” As believers we are expected to exercise self-control in overcoming improper sexual impulses by the power of the Holy Spirit. It’s not going to be easy but there is nothing too hard for God and I believe that it can be done. I’m doing it by faith and work because knowing what I know now, I want to live a life that is pleasing to God. If I can do I know you can too!
Prayer to God:
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please guide my footsteps to take the right path in this life. That I may take every step closer to your will. Walk beside me Oh Lord, and as you will never forsake me, help me to not go astray. Father, break every change that has joined these ungodly soul ties to me. Cleanse my soul Lord. Make me brand new in your sight. I ask that you grant me discernment to recognize these ties that are not like you. I thank you Lord for what you have already done. Have your way in my life.
In Jesus Name Amen.
Does anyone remember watching the TV show “Are you afraid of the dark?” I used to watch this show all the time with my brother and sister. No matter how scared we were–we still enjoyed watching that show. That goes to show you that we were some dare devils, we didn’t care about anyone telling us not to watch that show…we were going to watch that show with our blankets up to our face and feet cuffed in the sofa.
This memorable moment brings me to my topic today. How to deal with fear? Have you been walking in fear? Have you been afraid of starting a business, writing a book, getting over a breakup/ divorce? Have you been afraid to tell your truth to someone?
Well I have…….but believe me just like watching a scary movie –“you just gotta see it” The same rule applies when dealing with fear–you just have to do what it is that you are called to do. When you operate in fear you have two choices to make. 1. will you continue to stay being afraid or 2. will you keep moving forward till the end.
It didn’t matter how afraid I was to do something , I knew that I just have to do it because I was stronger than my fears. I can do the impossible. It takes a little step of faith to jump out there and you may feel a little uncomfortable. But that is the beauty in it all “your purpose is always revealed in a uncomfortable situation.”
So I challenge you all –to just do it! Go after your dreams–what’s the worst that can happen. You mess up and you start over again. Go get your blessing that is waiting for you. I remember someone telling me that your breakdown is your breakthrough! That is an amazing affirmation.
“My breakdown is my breakthrough”–now that’s how you deal with fear!
Prayer to God;
Thank you for always being the light in our life. We thank you for your unfailing love. You never cease to amaze us. Help us to continue to live a life that is pleasing to you. Give us the power, strength and the anointing to deal with fear. Which is not of you God. Thank you for being our protector and our king. We will forever praise you!
In Jesus name Amen
I have cousin who lives in North Carolina. We’re about the same age however we do not talk as often as we would like. One day she texted me and asked me to pray for her because the enemy is really “trying” her. I was shocked because I haven’t spoken to her in couple of years. I knew that it had to be important.I did not question God I just immediately prayed for her.
Even though I didn’t know the problem I still felt empowered to lift her name up to God. So that brings me to my question? Who have you prayed for? Who are you praying for?
As we all know pray changes things no matter the circumstances. I encourage everyone to pray for one another especially in a time like this that we are living in. We are sisters and we stay together by prayer. You never know what someone may be going through.
Sisters lifting Sisters Pray,
We need you now than ever. Thank you for always being there for us even when we don’t believe that you. Thank you for your unconditional love that is better than any love of a man. You will always be lifted and praised as long as we shall live on earth and when we get to heaven. You are so worthy and powerful. You are Alpha and Omega. We worship you oh Lord. YOU are worthy to be praised.
Thank you God for another day to lift my sisters up!