Hey!!! I just discovered a new way to study the Bible which is so fun and easy to tap into the depth of Jesus’s teachings.
Often times we have many distractions that keep us from reading the word of God. Do you know that the Bible is our recipe to Life? God is the bread of life. So why not get you something to eat. 🙂
If you want to learn how to do bible journaling here is what you need:
1. Bible (of course)
2. Highlighters ( neon bright)
3. Stick notes (colorful preferred)
4. Gel pen
Let’s get started! You basically take a scripture and you analyze it. Just like we did in school with our book reports. Once you read the scripture, begin to point out the words that stick out the most to you.
Finally, you can draw your images that will remind you what that scripture means to you.
Don’t worry I will show you some examples of my bible journaling….
Hope this was helpful!! The purpose of bible journaling is to help us to become more God fearing and knowledgeable. We are to hide the word in our hearts! Also, its to help us to enjoy the reading the word more. Ever since I started I’ve become more aware of certain things I didn’t know before. I didn’t know the Bible had so many real life situations happening. It’s better then watching any reality tv show, or movie.. it’s like all of that in one! Some of the stories in the Bible have happened today right before my eyes! So of course I am way more interested now! And I hope you all will be too!
Prayer to God:
Dear Heavenly Father,
We want to say thank you for you being who you are. We thank you for your teachings in the word and for your wisdom. Everyday we will make a declaration that we will spend time with you and in the word. In order for us to draw closer to you and gain understanding more than our own. Thank you father for never judging us for not reading our bibles like we should. Help us to gain focus and truth to our lives in Jesus name!
Here’s examples of how people endure suffering the wrong way vs the right way.
- Demand to know why
- Withdraw from God
- Withdraw from others
- Decide the limits to your own endurance
- Be impatient with God
- Seek your own remedies
- Give up to despair
- Delude yourself
- Indulge yourself
- Become angry
- Become depressed
- Be content to know who is in charge > ” And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose. For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his son.”(Romans 8:28,29)
- Acknowledge that he is with you> “Therefore by him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name. (Hebrews 13:15) “Therefore, Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God that he may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon him, for he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:6,7)
- Keep fellowship with believers > “And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembly of ourselves together, as is the manner of some but exhorting one another…”(Hebrews 10: 24,25)
- Know that God sets and know your limits> “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with temptation will also that you make the way of escape may be able to bear it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Wait for his perfect timing > ” But as for me, I trust in you O’ Lord; I say You are my God. My times are in your hand, Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.” ( Psalm 31:14,15)
- Trust in the Lord to guide> ” Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5,6)
- Wait upon the Lord> “Wait on the Lord and be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart.” ( Psalm 27:14)
- Seek the truth> “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)
- Keep Pure> “Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles that when they may be your good works which they observe glorify God in the day of visitation.” (1 Peter 2:11,12)
- Master the anger > “So, then my beloved brethren, Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.” ( James 1;19-20)
- Hope in the land > “Though he slay me, yet will I trust him, even so, I will defend my own ways before him.” ( Job 13:15)
I hope this helps someone who may be suffering. Totally trust God with your mind, heart and soul. Remember this — “Every thing that happened in your life God, himself signed off on it.” Although, you maybe suffering know that Jesus WILL never put more on you than you can bear. So have faith! “By faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6)
Prayer to God:
Dear Lord, Thank you for your all mighty hands. Thank you for creating us in your image and what you did on Calvary we will forever be grateful. We ask that you continue to show yourself strong in our lives. Help us to be more like you. We thank you for the freedom to have immediate access to you. For when we are in need, we can call on you anytime, anywhere. Thank you for being our Father, our Friend and forevermore our protector.
In Jesus Name ,
God is the source and the strength of our lives. He moves all pain, fear and doubt. He promises leads us and never to leave us. So, ladies I ask you why do we tend to put other men before GOD? He is supposed to be the #1 man in our lives. The bible say; put not man before God. How do we put other men before GOD? Example;
1. When we are in love with someone. ( we go absolutely insane) .
a. That man is the first and last person we talk to on the phone
b. We think about this man all day long
c. We just wanna be with that person 24/7.
Now ya’ll tell me is this putting a man before GOD? Of course. You see , God can be a jealous God. He does not want us to put anyone before him . God wants us to be: The first one we talk to in the morning, the one who stays on our mind daily, and he wants us to enter in his presence with praise. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.” (Deuteronomy 6:5)
By experience when you have Jesus on your mind daily he reveals the truth and light in your circumstances. I was dating someone a couple of years ago who I absolutely loved. I thought he was my everything. I could talk to him about any and everything. We were inseparable. Now, I would have to admit that I put so much time and energy into this relationship. I sometimes forgot to read my bible, pray or even talk to God because I was so involved in this man. Eventually, it became draining and depressing. One day I decided to wake up early one morning to cry out to God. I was feeling very low the day before. My cry out to God was simple sign for help. I needed him to come and save me from this relationship and from myself. Sometimes in life we tend to lose sight of how powerful God is.- Not just by his many blessings but by his never failing love. Even when we put a man before him he still forgive us and loves us unconditionally. No man can do all the Jesus can do. So I challenged my queens out there to focus on God. If you are in a relationship make sure God comes first before your man. Let him have a front seat at your concert called life.
He wants your full attention because we were created to worship him daily. Don’t forget to put God first.
Prayer to God:
Thank you lord for your love. Lord, interrupt me with your divine presence and keep my mind focused on your word. I recognize that I can do nothing without you. Everything starts and ends with you. Before you can abide in me, I must abide in you. No matter how crazy things get or how busy I may be, I must make time for you. Keep me ever so mindful of my mission and obedient to your teachings. I do not want to miss out on what you have in store for me.
In Jesus name I pray.